Reminder! Doctor in the House – Saturday, June 24th
Trigger Point, Hyaluronic, and Stem Cell Injections
Call – 805 – 642-4061 – Tell them Bunny Sent You!
Dr. Baranski, owner of Advanced Spine And Sport, is an expert on integrative medicine! His office includes a medical doctor, physical therapists, chiropractic, and massage therapists.
This team of experts work to evaluate and treat patients for a variety of injuries. Some patients come in with a list of items to work on – from wrists to shoulders to plantar fasciitis!
Dr. B., in this week’s show, focuses on shoulder injuries, pain and discomfort.
The SHOULDER – is one of the largest and most complex joins of the body. It is a ball and socket joint. The humerus (upper arm bone) fits into the scapula (shoulder-blade). This gives the shoulder the maximum range of motion and also makes it the most vulnerable to being injured.
Common and Not So Common Shoulder Injuries:
- Bursitis: There is a lubricating sac called a bursa between the rotator cuff and the bone on top of your shoulder. The bursa allows the rotator cuff tendons to glide freely as the arm moves. Inflammation of the bursa may be caused by continual repetitive motion.
- Osteoarthritis – When the spaces between the bone and joint degenerate – can be due to bad posture and muscle imbalance
- Impingement – When raising arm to shoulder height, the space between the acromion (bony process on scapula) and rotator cuff narrows. The acromion rubs against the tendon and the bursa, causing pain.
- Tendonitis – When the rotator cuff tendons are irritated or damaged.
- Frozen Shoulder – A unique condition that people still don’t completely understand why and how it presents. However, Advanced Spine And Sport HAS helped people with this condition over a period of time.
Evaluating a shoulder can be a complicated and exhaustive task. There at 17 different muscles that attach to the scapula bone! Dr. Baranski and his team of experts always start out with a conservative approach. They will sometimes send a patient out to get an MRI to properly evaluate the injury and/or condition.
Dr. B. always advises against cortisone injections that can do more to weaken the ligaments and damage the bone.
Tune into Dr. Baranski’s great new show and hear great success scenarios! This includes a baseball athlete and an aerial gymnast who have benefitted from Advanced Spine And Sport’s cutting edge approach to Integrative Medicine!
About Advanced Spine and Sport: Dr. Baranski’s office is the first of its kind in Ventura County to bring a special blend of integrated medicine, including an M.D., chiropractors, physical therapy, massage therapy, and medical weight loss, all in one location. Their holistic medical team strives to educate and provide their patients with the most advanced forms of non-surgical therapies possible.
About Dr. James Baranski: James Baranski, D.C., an avid sports enthusiast, enjoys basketball, golf, and working out. He understands that with activities comes injuries, and how treating these injuries as quickly and successfully as possible is crucial whether it be for an elite athlete or for the weekend warrior.
Dr. Baranski graduated in December 1999 from Cleveland Chiropractic College of Los Angeles. He worked as an associate for three years in North Hollywood, CA, then worked for a prominent orthopedic medical group in Los Angeles, CA. There he directed patient care which included chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture, pain management, surgical procedures, and pre- and post-operative rehabilitation.
Dr. Baranski specializes in sports injuries, personal injuries such as motor vehicle accidents and slip-n-falls, as well as work-related and repetitive stress injuries. He works with many of the top attorneys and MDs in Ventura County, ensuring the most comprehensive care possible for the patients.
He has taken 100s of hours of post-graduate classes on sports injuries and exercise therapy, as well as work injury laws and personal injury seminars. He also did personal training for 3 years, helping people reach their personal and fitness goals.
Contact Dr. James Baranski at Advanced Spine and Sport (805) 642-4061.Also visit: http://www.venturachiropractor.com/