Hi, It’s Dr. Bunny Vreeland and I’m back again to talk about ‘Positive Thinking’ in the second post of this series. Many of us want to think positively but… ‘Life gets in the way’. Does this sound familiar?? If so, listen in as I give you some great tips and info to change your way of thinking.
I mentioned in the last session that I’d been listening to a CD set by Brendon Burchard, called the “Motivation Manifesto”. I’ve told a couple of my clients about these great CD’s and two of them purchased them, and told me what a difference it has made in the way that they see what is happening in their lives. This is certainly not an ad for Brendon Burchard, but I do think that what he has to say is brilliant and extremely useful, so check him out! Brendon Burchard is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the most watched personal development trainers in the world. Google him and all kinds of positive things come up…
Here are some additional tips to help you on your quest to think more positively:
1. Positive Affirmations – are uplifting and optimistic statements designed to raise your spirit and help you to keep your focus on the positive.
2. Positive Words – This is a little more personal. You might have words that you go to that raise your spirts. Perhaps a person’s name, or keywords like “strength”, “love”, or “smile”.
3. Look in the mirror and find something that you like about yourself – what is your favorite thing about you. If you’re having a difficult time, ask your best friend what they love about you.
4. Exercise your body and your mind – Exercise releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that create the feel-good vibe. Endorphins also trigger a positive feeling in the body.
5. Breathe deeply – most of breathe shallowly, which reduces oxygen to the brain, creating brain-fog. By breathing deeper, more oxygen is available to the brain, which creates sharper mental clarity.
One of my favorite quotes (I put it everywhere, until I memorized it!):
“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
watch your words, they become actions;
watch your actions, they become habits;
watch your habits, they become character;
watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
By Frank Outlaw
Late President of the Bi-Lo Stores
Contact Dr. Bunny Vreeland at (805) 482-8111 or E-mail: Bunny@BunnyVreeland.com
Also visit: http://bunnyvreeland.org/ http://vreelandcollege.org/
Podcast (snap): Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |