Paul Ward

Paul Ward educates and enlightens us concerning everything we should know about zoning in Ventura County.

Did you know that there are zoning ‘categories’? Paul explains that there are 2 specific categories to be aware of: AE and OS.

AE refers to ‘Agriculture Exclusive’ which allows for most farming activities and also allows for building a primary residence, building a guest-house, a workshop barn or an equestrian barn on the property.

OS is all about ‘Open Spaces’, which you might think would be the easiest to obtain because it allows for more uses such as: a dog kennel business, Wedding venue, B & B and other businesses. The challenge is that you must have a Conditional Use Permit to obtain these businesses and those are not always that easy to get. Often, the neighboring residents get involved because of the potential increase in traffic and noise.

Paul breaks down the description of each zoning category as well as the Conditional Use Permit.

This is a very interesting episode full of excellent information.  Tune in to learn more!

About Paul:

For the past 17+ years I have specialized in selling country estates and ranches throughout Ventura County CA. This niche stems from my childhood, working long summer days on my grandparent’s citrus and avocado ranch near Santa Paula, just east of Ventura.

I love these types of properties, and it is my desire to help families, individuals and investors from all walks of life achieve their dream of owning a ranch or country estate.

The Paul Ward Home & Ranch Selling Team is committed to the specific needs of every client we serve.

We understand that trust is built over time, not instantly.

Providing our clients with the tools they need to make an informed and conscientious decision is an integral component of our mission.  We act as trusted advisors while you, the client, are the ultimate decision-maker.

You can contact us at (805) 479-5004 or e-mail:

Also visit: , , and